Lift Truck Safety Awareness – Managers and Supervisors
Maximum number of candidate’s – 12
Our managing and supervising material handling equipment (MHE) operations course will enable the managers and supervisors in your business to identify their responsibilities with regards to material handling equipment operations, and will enable them to identify steps that can be taken to minimise risk related to MHE in your workplace.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations, guidance and standards.
- Understand the importance of pre use inspections and check sheets.
- Be able to recognise operator safety and training requirements.
- Offer a safe working environment for the workforce.
What the candidate should know:
- Relevant legislation including HSWA, PUWER, LOLER.
- Operator’s safety code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks
- Manager and supervisors responsibilities.
- Operator training and keeping training records up to date.
- The Importance of Supervising MHE operations.
- Walking the Floor
- Legislation, standards and guidance
HSWA, PUWER, LOLER, PPE, L117.
- Manager and Supervisor Responsibilities
Supervisor qualifications, experience and qualities’, operator observation’s, documentation, responsibilities’, communication.
- Operator Training
Levels of operating training, experience, practical skills test, certification, specific job training, familiarisation training, authority to operate, refresher training.
- Operational Safety
A tour around appropriate areas of the facility, review.
- Course Assessment
Individual written tests with explanation of pass requirements.
Individual practical inspection assessments with explanation of pass requirements.
Failure means applicant will have to re-sit the course on another day.
A RTITB accredited certificate of training will be issued for candidates.
In the 4 years that we have been working with Global FLT we have never been let down and all of my staff are trained to a high standard.
All trainers that attend site are always professional and work hard with the team to get them through their training safely and efficiently.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Ken & Kay or any of the team at Global FLT.