Hydraulic Lorry loader Crane – HIAB
Ship to Shore Crane
Rigging and Slinging
This course is aimed at any person who has received little or no formal training or experience in the operation of cranes and existing operators requiring refresher training. On completion of their course the operator will have reached a standard of knowledge and skills that will enable them to operate the specific type of crane they have been training on in a safe and competent manner.
For details or to book a course contact Amy on 01452 548848 or email email@example.com
- Introduction to the course
- Operators Safety Code
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc. 1974.
- LOLER, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- PUWER, Provision and Use of Working Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Supply of Machinery (safety) regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at work regulations 1992
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
- Controls and Instruments.
- Set up for lifting operations, including selection of appropriate site for operation
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Basic Operations
- Prepare and secure machine for travel
- Selection and use of attachments
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Load weight assessment
- Lifting and placing loads at various levels and locations