Push Around Vertical – PAV
A PAV is a MEWP without any drive. It is capable of being pushed into position manually.
Group A: MEWPS where the vertical projection of the centre of the area of the platform at the maximum chassis inclination specified by the manufacturer is always inside the tipping lines.
- Pre-Theory test
- Theory – Regulations and guidance
- MEWP categories
- Structural parts
- Pre-use inspection/familiarisation
- Safe operating methods and hazards
- Theory test
- Practical training
- Practical assessment
- Training course evaluation & log book completion
Upon successful completion, delegates will
- Be aware of the relevant legislation and guidance.
- Be aware of accident prevention and control
- Be aware of the safe operating procedures
- Be aware of the needs regarding personnel protection
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine operating manual
Delegates who successfully complete the IPAF training course will be awarded a Powered Access License PAL card. The PAL Card is valid for five years. It shows the date on which the holder was assessed and the expiry date by which re-training would be needed, the types of equipment that the holder has been trained to operate, the level to which the holder has been trained, e.g. operator, demonstrator and instructor and security features including a holographic logo and the holder’s photograph and signature to prevent mis-use.