RTITB Fork Lift Truck Instructor Course
HSSE appreciate the need for potential instructors to be carefully chosen. Perhaps the two most important qualities in a potential instructor are operating skill and enthusiasm for the task.
Delegates must hold an operator’s certificate obtained in the last 12 months prior to the commencement of this 10 day course. In addition, delegates have to be aware that instructing is a very demanding job. A pleasant personality, good communication skills, natural leadership and a flexible approach are all essential for success.
To update delegates on relevant statutory requirements, RTITB recommendations and to provide refresher training & instruction prior to the RTITB assessment.
Week 1 – Job safety knowledge & practical operating skills
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Engineering Principles/Rated
- Operating safety code
- Pre-shift checks-battery charging and re-fuelling
- Introduction to the machine & control
- Correct steering procedures (laden/unladen)
- Correct stacking & de-stacking procedures
- Battery care and simple maintenance
- Test – theory & practical
Week 2 – Instructional techniques & methods
- Selection & basic training of fork lift truck operators
- HSE – Safety in the use of lift trucks
- HSE – Code of practice
- The role of the instructor
- Learning (incentives & methods)
- Principles of instruction
- Lessons types & structure
- Presentation & lessons/plans
- Demonstrations & practical periods
- Safety & the role of the instructor
- Final practical & theoretical assessments by the RTITB
RTITB Instructor / Examiner Training
Duration: 10 days
Find Out What Dates Are Available For OurInstructor Training Courses
Click Below To find Courses and Dates
Two years ago we were looking for a company to provide forklift truck training to our employees. We invited Ken and Kay along to our site where we discussed our training requirements, their response was that they could provide the training to suit our business needs.
Two years down the line, they have exceeded our expectations. Everyone from Global is extremely professional and it’s a first class operation.